LAST UPDATED: OCTOBER 29, 2020
Some of our applications may display supplemental privacy notices so you can make informed choices at the time you review the notices. For example, you may see a notice explaining a data collection program in an application, and your choices for participating.
What information does Hatch collect about you?
Information you provide us:
We collect information directly from you, such as when you use an application, purchase a product or service or otherwise contact or interact with us. The types of information we may collect from you include:
- identifiers, such as your name, telephone number, physical address, email address and IP address;
- professional information, such as your occupation, employer and industry;
- commercial information, such as details about the applications that you have purchased or expressed interest in;
- financial account information, such as payment information you provide when making a purchase through the applications (a third party processes these transfers on our behalf, as described below); and
- visual, audio and electronic information, such as your picture or signature, records of our interactions, such as correspondence, details of complaints and their resolutions, service records, and your preferences, including your preferred tools, experience, language and the frequency at which you wish to receive marketing communications.
When you make a purchase through this website, we use a payment processor, and do not store credit card or other financial information (other than confirmation that payment in a certain amount has been made). We collect contact and account information from you that we pass through to a third party to facilitate the transaction.
Information we obtain from your use of our applications:
We automatically collect and generate certain personal information about your use of our applications. The information we collect includes:
- identifiers, such as unique device identifiers, IP addresses, cookie identifiers, product IDs, information about product licenses, account usernames and email addresses;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the website domain visited, which activities and applications are used, how and for how long, how the applications are accessed, posts, discussions and other types of engagement with us, the use of any hyperlinks or downloadable content available through the applications, and other metrics;
- geolocation information;
- electronic information, such as information about operating systems, device types, information about browsers, information relating to automatic updates and technical errors, information about your use of our applications, including your preferred tools and experiences, and your engagement with our activities;
- commercial information, such as records about interest in our applications or completed purchases; and
- inferences drawn from any of the personal and application usage information available to us.
Our applications may include content, buttons or other tools that link to another company’s services and/or platform(s) (“Plugins”). We collect information about your use of Plugins through analytics tools. If you use an application that contains Plugins, information can be transferred directly from your device to a third-party provider of services and/or platforms. We do not control the data collected by Plugins. If you are logged in to a social network, the social network may be able to link your use of our application to their services and/or platform.
For example, if you interact with a Plugin by clicking on “Like,” “Follow,” or “Share,” or by writing a comment, this information may automatically appear in your profile on the relevant social network service or platform. Even if you are not logged in, the Plugins may send your IP address to social network services and/or platforms. Please note this when using our applications.
When you connect to a social networking service or platform on a device that is also used by others, these other users may be able to see information that is stored or displayed in connection with your profile on the social networking service page.
Information we collect from other parties:
We receive and process information from our affiliates and from third-party sources, such as business partners, business contact databases, channel partners (e.g. resellers), marketing service providers, third-party data aggregators and social networking platforms. The categories of personal information we collect from these sources include:
- identifiers, such as names, phone numbers and email addresses;
- professional information, such as such as your occupation, employer and industry;
- commercial information, such as events or activities you have participated in; and
- inferences, such as regarding usage information and your preferences, behaviors and other attributes.
In accordance with applicable law, we may combine your personal data with information we collect from other parties to help keep our databases current and accurate, and to provide you with more relevant content, experiences, applications and other offerings.
How does Hatch use the information it collects about you?
We use your personal data mindfully, and in useful ways, including:
- to validate your identity as necessary to perform our contract with you;
- to deliver you services, products and support as necessary to perform the contract governing your use of our applications or to communicate with you;
- to send you important information within the scope of our contract with you;
- to send you suggestions, offers, promotions, newsletters, surveys, or other information in furtherance of our legitimate interests or, where needed, with consent;
- to anonymize, aggregate, or de-identify your personal data so it can no longer identify you;
- to understand the ways our applications are used and the people using them in furtherance of our legitimate interests or, where needed, with consent;
- to improve our applications and your experience in furtherance of our legitimate interests (or where needed, with consent);
- to improve the security of and troubleshoot our applications, as necessary to perform the contract governing your use of our applications or to communicate with you;
- to provide promotional offers, advertising or other marketing content relevant to your interests in furtherance of our legitimate interest or, where needed, with consent;
- to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud and software piracy and to protect you, Hatch, and third parties in furtherance of our legitimate interests.
- to enforce the legal terms that govern our applications;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to protect the rights, safety and property of Hatch, you, or any third party;
- for other purposes, for which we obtain your consent (where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the contact details below or as otherwise indicated to you in writing); and
- as further described in our applications, such as in a supplemental notice.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information, you may have the right to object to that processing on the basis of circumstances specific to you. For more information, see “What Rights and Choices Do You Have?” below.
When we process personal data about you to comply with legal requirements or to perform our obligations under a contract with you, failure to provide such data may prevent or delay our fulfillment of these obligations.
How does Hatch disclose your personal data?
We disclose the categories of information described above to the following categories of persons:
- Our service providers who perform services or functions on our behalf, for business purposes (including marketing, sales, software maintenance and support, analytics, social media, market research, license compliance, security and payment processing);
- our business partners, such as integration partners and channel partners (e.g. resellers);
- social networking services and platforms through Plugins or when you use our applications to connect with or share information publicly or with your contacts on such services or platforms;
- persons to whom we are required by law to provide information;
- law enforcement, legal counsel or other parties as reasonably necessary when we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud or software piracy, defend ourselves against attacks, or protect the rights, property and safety of Hatch, our customers and the public; and
- persons involved in the consideration, negotiation or completion of a business transaction, including a sale, merger, consolidation, acquisition, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy or reorganization, and any subsequent integration.
We may also disclose your personal information to other parties when we have your consent to do so or when you direct us to, for any purposes requested or permitted by you.
We may share aggregate or anonymous demographic, statistical and other information regarding use of our applications with third parties for marketing and other purposes. Such information will not specifically identify any particular user.
How does Hatch protect your data?
We maintain a combination of reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative and technological controls to protect your data from unauthorized access or malicious actions.
We take reasonable steps to limit the access that employees, contractors and agents of Hatch have to your personal data to those who need to know this data to perform their assigned functions.
What rights and choices do you have?
You have the right to access, update, delete, receive a copy of or restrict our use of your personal data. When we process personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent any time.
To request a copy of the personal data that we have about you, please submit a request to Pneucalcemail@example.com. Consistent with applicable law, we may ask for proof of your identity before fulfilling your request.
Certain jurisdictions grant individuals additional rights with respect to their personal data. Depending on where you live or applicable law, you may also have the right to:
- object to our processing of your personal data;
- have us block or anonymize your personal data, as appropriate;
- receive a copy of your personal data to transfer it to a third party;
- opt out of certain direct marketing communications;
- opt out of certain disclosures of your personal information to third parties;
- not be denied a good or service for exercising your rights, though you may be provided a different level of service or charged a different rate or price consistent with applicable law; and
- lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in the jurisdiction in which you are located.
These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law. For example, even if you ask us to delete your personal information, we may need to retain it to complete transactions you have requested, to comply with our legal obligations or for other limited business purposes as required or permitted by law. To exercise applicable rights, please contact us.
What Are Hatch’s storage and data retention practices?
We store your personal data and content on our servers and the servers of our service providers. Because we and our service providers maintain servers in global locations, your personal data may be transferred across national borders and stored on the servers outside of your country or region.
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the applications you are using, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, and as needed to comply with our legal obligations. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Is the personal data you give us ever displayed publicly?
As always, we urge you to be mindful when deciding to disclose personal data, including on our applications. Our applications may allow you to post content, including comments and “likes,” that can be visible to the public.
In some cases, you can limit who can view or access the information and content that you post. In other cases, the information and content might be available to registered members of the application, or even to the general public. Your name, username, profile image or email address may be posted along with any message or other content you post through some of our applications.
If you are posting information you do not want to be disclosed publicly, make sure you are using an application that allows you to control who sees the information you have posted.
How can you contact us?
If you want to contact us about a specific privacy matter, please email us at Pneucalcfirstname.lastname@example.org. When you do so, please tell us the name of the application about which you are contacting us.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.